I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays...

Oh, the weather outside is...

Well, it's definitely not frightful - not here in Florida, anyways. It's much warmer than the weather we've been having recently in Chicago. (Thank goodness for that!) In fact, it makes me think of that Irving Berlin song that goes "Off with my overcoat, off with my gloves..." - so nice to put those away for 2 weeks. While being a far cry from a white Christmas, somehow I don't mind it so much this year. Sunny and 75 (or even 80) - bring on the sunshine! "All I want for Christmas is Florida sun" (pardon my shabby lyric adaptation - changing lyrics is kind of a habit with me).

Regardless of temperature and type/lack of precipitation, spending the holidays with family and friends is the best present anyone can ask for. This past week during prayer intentions in my middle school classes, my heart was warmed when students stepped outside of themselves to remember those who have no home or family to share this special time with, especially in the cold of the Chicago winter. Sometimes, though they can appear self-centered and immature, they surprise me with bits of wisdom, critical questions, and thoughtfulness. And those moments are ones to be treasured, indeed.

Only a few more days until Christmas - hard to believe, isn't it? The time seems to fly by faster each year. And since we'll be running about here and there visiting various family and friends these next few days, I don't know if I'll get to post before the big day, so in that case...

Merr(early) Christmas!

And, just for fun, in case you missed it a few years ago, here is "The Story of the Nativity" (the 'digital' version).

No comments:

Post a Comment