I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend Moments

It's hard to believe the weekend's just about over - it was a good one, but it was far too short (in my humble opinion). Granted, I spent a good bit of time in a car (to and from E Lansing) and sitting in a stadium (for the USF/MSU football game), but it was all pretty fun and worthwhile...

In East Lansing, I had the opportunity to see one of my ACE housemates who is still in school at MSU, and I also had the chance to visit with two other ACE classmates just chilling in one's apartment and sipping sangria. It was a (needed) relaxing evening. As much as I enjoy time to myself I equally enjoy time with friends.

As for the football game itself...well, it left much to be desired. I didn't expect the Bulls to win - and they didn't - but I did expect both teams to play better. It was a pretty sloppy game! It was also the second week in a row at which we had to protect ourselves from the rain without umbrellas or rain jackets. At least it was overcast...so no sunburn!

Here are some pictures from the game:

USF Bulls @ MSU Spartan Stadium, East Lansing

Spartan Stadium Jumbotron

Special Halftime Show with MSU Alumni Band

Marisa, her co-worker, and I are already booked (hotel-wise, not ticket-wise) for an MSU basketball weekend in January, which I am beyond excited about! Can't wait for Spartan basketball!

Today, Marisa and I went for a run, and then I went to her school's annual Reventon! celebration (to be read as "Mass followed by socializing and delicious Mexican food"). The rest of my day consisted of grocery shopping, bellwork scoring, lesson planning, sub plan organizing, etc...typical...

I am pretty excited for the week, though, I am a bit wary of teaching the Gifts and Fruit of the Holy Spirit to the 8th grade, as it is easy to get confused with the differences of each one within the set. Here goes nothing...

I hope you have a lovely week, whatever it brings. (Mine starts with my girls' first volleyball game tomorrow night - let's go dolphins!)

And remember...

1 comment:

  1. victory!

    can't wait to catch one of your games as a "head coach" woohoo!

    ReplyDelete