I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Experiencing God by Simply Being...

Contemplation - prayer in which we experience God's presence within us, closer than breathing, closer than thinking, closer than consciousness itself (from http://www.centeringprayer.com/)

Whether it's been on purpose or not, I have found myself in this type of prayer quite often lately. (I do think the cooler "fall" weather has something to do with it because I've been able to spend more time outside without dripping with sweat.) I don't actively think of anything (which is actually harder done than said), but, instead, I simply experience the moment - the sunshine, the breeze, the smiles on people's faces...

It's so peaceful.

And I know God is there.

Some of my students have said that contemplation is their favorite type of prayer that they've learned in class because they get to just rest and sit in silence/peace.

In the midst of their busy days, who can blame them?

In the midst of our busy days, maybe we could give it a try...


"Be still and know that I am God." (Ps. 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment