I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Get Your Fruit Here!

Sixth grade spent time learning about the Fruit of the Spirit today. Their ticket out of class was to write a prayer to the Holy Spirit (or God) to ask for help with the Fruit which they most need to work on in their lives.

Here are some of the prayers the students posted as they left:

"Dear God, Please help me with peace and not to fight with my brother. Amen."

"Dear God, Please help me be more meek when I get complimented. Amen."

And then some got a little more sincere and thoughtful:

"Oh Lord, thank you for all you do. During these times, please help me stay patient. I love playing and hanging out with my friends, but sometimes I get ahead of myself. Thank you. Amen."

"Dear Holy Spirit, Please help me to work on being meek. I am shy and gentle, but I need to work on directing attention toward you. You have given me so much; you need recognition. Amen."

Most days, I love my job for simple reasons like getting to spend time reading responses like these. (I should also include the 7th graders responses about how to be a Saint, but that would take too long because almost all 20 of those are worth posting, so I will spare you.)

Have a great night!

*BONUS - WARNING --> Only watch the video below if you are prepared to have it stuck in your head for the rest of the day.


Don't say I didn't warn you...

No comments:

Post a Comment