I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, December 10, 2011

We Have Today

Highly doubtful if the thermometer reached 30 degrees today - in fact, it started out in the mid-teens according to the Today Show at the gym this morning. But, nevertheless, it was a perfectly wonderful day to be outside.

In fact, it was one of those days that I kept searching for a reason to go outside:

A quick jog to the gym (+treadmill run inside) and back - brr!...


A familiar walk up the street for a simple breakfast of chocolate-y chip goodness (in the form of a bagel) and a cup of joe from Panera with my sister...


A smooth drive to my school, where some of my students were playing in a basketball game - they won!


A brief trip to the GAP right at the corner of my street - it's hard to resist a buy one get one free sale...


A short "hike" to a nearby restaurant to meet my sister for dinner (after she went to Mass)...


I know the weather won't last like this much longer. Snow's bound to come and barometers are likely to fall sharply. But I had today.

Yes, I had today...

No comments:

Post a Comment