I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Meeting Adjourned

How quickly things change. And how fast life keeps moving forward even when you want it to just stand still (or even go backwards)...

Grandpa, I miss you so much. Because of you my blood will always run green and white. (Go State!) I will forever hum "Waltzing Matilda" and hear "The Bedbugs and the Cooties" rhyme in my head. And, as you constantly reminded me, I will "save my money and buy whiskey." Whenever I see a pickle on my plate, I will remember how you always claimed you were allergic to them just so you wouldn't have to deal with that nonsense. (Pure genius.) And when it's time to leave the table, I'll always note (at least to myself) that the meeting's adjourned. I love you, and I am so proud and blessed to be your granddaughter.


(In loving memory, July 11, 1924 - December 2, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment