I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Where does the time go?

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that these two weeks back from Easter break have passed relatively quickly. It could be because my weeks have been filled with plenty of good things that have kept me busy, but even during the school days, time seems to be marching forward.

Again, maybe it's just me. 
But, truth be told, the end of the school year will be here before we know it.

Each year seems to go by faster than the last. I don't quite understand - I stood by the window in the stairwell leading up to the fourth floor at school yesterday, and I thought about how many times I've looked out that very window just this year (and then in my whole time here to date)...why does it all become such a blur? Is it possible to slow it down?

I definitely don't have an answer; though, I wish I did. Maybe one day (soon) I'll figure it out.

While I'm pondering (and maybe now you are too), I'll leave you with these photos from the week -->

RIP Carl Kassell

A foggy day in Chicago...

Fr. Greg Boyle @ OSP

gift from students --> foil / Foyle - get it? It's amusing how funny this still is to the kiddos...

As the week winds down, I wish you the very best. Hopefully the weekend will pass slowly. (Personally, I'm excited to celebrate my sister's bachelorette this weekend - movies, ice cream, good friends, and pajamas is the way she wants it. Count me in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment