I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, April 8, 2018

I left (a piece of) my heart in Florida...

Life takes you unexpected places; love brings you home.

As students were being dismissed for our week-long vacation from school, I had a good laugh when I overheard one of my coworkers:

Co-worker: "Florida? All of these kids are going to Florida, but no one's actually FROM Florida..."
Me: (to self) Lies...There just aren't that many of us. 😇


Lucky me, though, that I was able to head HOME to Florida for spring break. The weather was absolutely beautiful, offering sunshine (except for the day when my sister and I did our marathon training run, when it did, of course, rain) and temps hovering around 80 degrees.

While there was work to be done for grad school, I did have some time to relax and not worry too much about looming deadlines. There was plenty of time for visiting with family, watching movies, celebrating with high school friends, sipping coffee, running, and taking in the sunshine...





ice cream... :)

My thoughts EVERY morning...

These kiddos grow SO fast!

Vacations and visits always come to an end too soon. While it's exciting to come back to finish up the school year (both for grad school and teaching), it's hard knowing I won't see my parents till June, other family till August (thank goodness for my sister's wedding to make that happen!), and friends till...? But I thank God for the time I do have and am grateful for all of the people who have joined me along this journey of life.

Now, back up in cold country, I leave you with this thought from Oliver Wendell Holmes:

Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.

No matter where I go in life, Florida (and the people there) will always have a piece of my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment