I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Week in Review...in Pictures

The school parent association kept the sweet treats (and puns) coming this week...







The treats culminated in a lovely luncheon on Friday - complete with a treat take-home box...only mine didn't make it home. 😏



Some lovely notes/post-its from parents and students were a welcome surprise and very affirming.






And the students designed doorstops for all of the faculty using the 3D printer - each doorstop was unique, so, clearly, as the religion teacher I got a cross. I LOVE it!




The best part of the week (and best Mass of the year, hands down) was Confirmation. It was a beautiful Mass. I had never met Bishop Rojas before, as this was his first visit to our parish. And the students all looked dapper and beautiful all dressed up. I can't believe this crew is in 8th grade - it sounds cliche, but it seems like only yesterday I was coaching these girls in volleyball in 4th grade, back when they couldn't even make a good pass or serve the ball over the net. Time flies!



After Confirmation I decided to go to the grocery store. As I was getting in my car, I spotted the license plate below. Now, I understand he was probably a Minnesota fan (and no doubt thought I was creepy for taking a photo of his license plate), but I think he might also support twin siblings too.




This morning's alarm came way too early, but it was worth it - we kicked off our marathon training today by running (nearly) 14 miles. We ended our run at Jeni's, where they were celebrating National Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. (Yes, it's a national holiday - I can't make this stuff up.) To warm up we got coffee next door at Starbucks directly afterwards so we wouldn't freeze on our respective walks home. Brr...



There's a bit of work to be done for my Church docs class before I head to trivia tonight for my sister's school. It's always a ton of fun, so I can't wait! It's good to have a few excuses to relax this weekend. I hope you have a few good things planned too...

No comments:

Post a Comment