I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Simple Thank You Goes A Long Way

A simple thank you note to each of my students - it was a requirement for all advisory teachers, sure, but it was well worth the 3-4 minutes for each card to see the smiles and here the "aww's" as they opened them this morning on student appreciation day.

Not much (formal) learning happened today - we had the annual spelling bee (which lasted nearly 2 hours) in the morning and a school-wide viewing of "Wonder" in the afternoon. It worked out, as we weren't allowed to assign homework anyways. The students all wore their matching ICSJ 15 year celebration shirts - it was pretty neat to see the sea of navy blue in the gym.

I love my students so much. And while I'm positive that I show this love to them every day, I honestly don't know if they recognize it. So thank goodness for days like today. I guess I need to be better about this in the future, huh?



On an unrelated but positive grad school-related note, I have now turned in all of my assignments (except one) for the week - it's been rough, and I haven't really ventured out of my apartment in the evenings - Did I mention that I have no life this semester? - but the sense of being (nearly) done for the week is amazing. (I did get out of two events - Confirmation practice and an IL tax credit scholarship sign-up - which gave me extra time I wasn't counting on.)

This means I can enjoy the Confirmation dinner & Mass tomorrow and then just crank out the Church docs paper on Saturday after running (and ice cream!) and before trivia... Please keep our 8th graders in your prayers!

The weekend's nearly here - let's close out Catholic Schools Week in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment