I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Weekend Fun

One long weekend after two (long) weeks at the start of school = darn good timing

As I have not been running recently (but hopefully getting an update and help for how to get back into that later today!), I have had some extra time on Saturday mornings - walking to and from the gym, stopping for coffee, (literally) stopping to smell the flowers...


A dear friend was in town for Labor Day weekend, so we did the whole tourist thing - after enjoying some delectable empanadas, we headed down to the Field Museum to see the Terracotta Warriors. It was my first time at that museum, and the sheer size of it is pretty impressive.

(The warriors weren't half bad either.)


Later that evening, we continued our excursion to a cocktail bar in Lincoln Square - I decided bourbon wasn't my favorite option, so I chose a lighter, fruitier drink instead. Since they didn't have food, we had to pick another dining option - we went to the cider bar just down the street. I had recently been there for drinks but not food, so it was good to try that aspect of the restaurant (even though it was a little on the expensive side).


After Mass on Sunday we got ice cream. (It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that much about us - it's a necessity.)


And we spent the afternoon enjoying everyone's company, eating, drinking, and singing along to the Hamilton soundtrack. Marisa and I impressed our friends with our ability to spout off most of the lyrics. Fun times.



I was so exhausted from the day that I didn't even turn on the ND game when I got home - I hear we need to work on our defense, but double overtime sounded exciting!

And would you look at that - no pictures from Monday. That's because I was literally in my apartment from when I got back after biking at the gym till now (when I am about to head off to school). I kid you not. Somehow I got piled under my grad school and teaching stuff, doing a standardized assessment analysis, reading, and fixing up some assessments of my own. But I can't complain, especially since I literally did no work the two days prior.

Now it's back to reality. The girls have their first volleyball game of the season tonight, so let's go dolphins!

1 comment: