I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, September 30, 2016

Mistake Not Worth Making Twice

Pretty busy after school today (though, I have found a surprising few minutes to post), so I thought it would be in my best interest to fix my hair and wear a little make-up before going to school this morning, as I will be on my way (after physical therapy) to a gala for Big Shoulders later this evening.

Let's just say that was a mistake.

Considering I usually wear little or no make-up, the girls decided this was a big deal. These are a few comments I received.

Student A: "Miss F, you look nice today!"
Me (in my head): What do I look like every other day?

Student B: "Miss F, my aunt has one of those bracelets. She says they're really old."
Me (in my head yet again): Gee, thanks.

Student C: "Miss F, I like your purple eyeliner."
Me (in my head): Not sure what you're looking at, but it's black.

Student D: "Miss F, are you engaged?"
Me (in my head): Um, not sure how you jumped straight to that...

The boys were great - no comments, no side conversations, nothing different from normal. (Boys are easier.)

Let's just say I'll think twice before ever doing that again.


Ok, well, it's off to PT and then a quick turn-around at home before off to the gala. Let's get this weekend started!

No comments:

Post a Comment