I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Time and Accountability

Last Advent I got up 15 minutes earlier each day to pray with the daily Scripture. Some days that meant getting up at 4:15 (if I was going to the gym super early), and it was worth it.

But after Advent ended and Christmas came and went, I let that routine slide.

Let's just say it hasn't been so great in my prayer life since then. I tried to start the routine up again during Lent, but I found myself being lazy and making excuses. I was missing my accountability factor.

Lucky for me, one of my online grad school classes this semester is taking me and my class to task and challenging us to be more consistent in prayer. It's one thing to say you're going to do something and a completely different thing to actually do that which you say you're committed to do. So I am trying again. It's time to get back in step with God.

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar experience with Night Prayer. I was too tired, or it was too late, or I was not in a "praying mood." But I stopped letting myself quit, and that was over 3 years ago. I've managed every day since then (including when I had an eye infection)!

    ReplyDelete