I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, January 25, 2016

It only took a moment

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." (Aesop)

I firmly believe that. And that was affirmed for me today, when one of my 8th graders brought me a card. This is what it said - I'll let it speak for itself:


I had noticed she was on the brink of tears (or had already been crying) the other day, so I had simply asked her to stay after class so I could have a word with her. I just asked if she was ok, and she told me yes.

And then I got this note.

I had almost decided not to say something. But thank goodness I did.

We all have the power to bring about a change (large or small) in someone's life on a daily, moment-by-moment basis.

Just think about that.

Wow.

We all are gifted with so many moments each day - let's make sure we don't miss them. Let's make each one count to bring God's love to one another.

Wouldn't the world be a better place with a little more compassion and love?

No comments:

Post a Comment