I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Back to Basics for 2016

No BIG plans for the new year. Let's face it, if they were TOO BIG, I'd never achieve them.

So, let's keep it simple and bring it back to the basics:


1. Invoke the holy mother of God: Mary, help of Christians, pray for us! My first goal is to offer up everything to (and through) Mary - the Salesians helped me develop a deep devotion to our blessed mother in high school, so it's about time to renew and strengthen that relationship. I will pray one Rosary each day, and I will make an intentional effort to end each prayer in Mary's name.

2. Get healthy. This second goal is not about losing weight...it's about feeling better from the inside out. This is inspired by my mom (who's been really into reading labels) and some other friends, blogs, etc. If I feel at my best, I'll be less likely to get sick and more likely to be 100%.

3. Read. And make it a variety this year - I'm starting out with a memoir about a girl who moved to Uganda after going there on a mission trip...and we'll see where we go from there. I had a pretty good year in reading in 2015, so I hope it can only get better! (Recommendations are welcome.)


Yes, there it is. Pure and simple. (I'll probably add #4 Learn Guitar just for kicks - one of these years I'll actually do it!)


Oh, and here's my bonus list (taken from Pope Francis himself):

No comments:

Post a Comment