I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Summer's Slipping Away

 Nothing says the end of summer like a beautiful wedding... (and an MSU one at that!)



In terms of how I know the bride, I'm luckily guilty by association - Marisa worked with Allison for 4 years at her current school (before Allison went back to State for graduate school), so when Marisa and her co-workers would all hang out, I would tag along too. Not a bad gig - her friends soon became my friends too. And that's just lovely.

Another summer highlight includes the birthday of my goddaughter - the picture below is of her wearing an ACE shirt I sent. (I was unable to make the birthday party, but I got this cute picture via text, and I get to see her and her parents soon.)


 Marisa and I also found this gem of a book at Hallmark - we proceeded to buy copies for the professors we helped this summer. It is absolutely terrific - check out a small sampling of pages below:






#winner #shouldbeoneveryhouseholdbookshelf #becauseJesus (Ok, enough with the hashtags - I mean, gosh, I don't use that many when I'm posting on Twitter.)

There is one last image I will leave you with today - it is from the garden at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Little Flower. (Yeah, say that 5 times fast.) St. Therese reminds us that we do not need to do great deeds; instead, we should strive for doing little things with great love and doing simple acts of kindness and generosity toward others.



Please pardon this post's randomness...and have a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment