I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...
"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
#Ashtag, You're It...
Obligatory #Ashtag selfie
I went all out today - purple sweater, necklace, and all. The Lenten season has begun...
In all seriousness, there are lots of great apps and ideas out there to start the season off right. Here is a list I sent to the teachers at my school:
1) Lenten "The Religion Teacher" Webinar - 10 Ways to Guide Students on an Extraordinary 40-day Journey - Don't be afraid to talk to your students about what you're planning to give up or how you're planning to pray/spend time with God this Lent...
3) Lent foldable (from Look to Him and Be Radiant blog)
4) Loyola's Lenten resources (Arts & Faith, Living Lent Daily, etc.)
5) 40 Ideas for 40 Days (from Catechist's Journey)
6) Lent lapbook ideas
7) Printable Stations of the Cross
8) Purple Rain (music, readings, and reflections for each week of the Lenten season)
9) Printable Lenten calendar for kids
10) Who doesn't love Pinterest?
There was also a great post recently over at Catholic APPtitude with iPhone/iPad suggestions (free or cheap!) for Lent - check it out!
I hope you have a blessed Lenten season!