I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, November 1, 2014

United Forever

Today is the Feast of All Saints...but, as it falls on a Saturday, it is not a holy day of obligation for the Catholic Church.

There was Mass offered this morning at my parish, so I decided that would be a great way to start my morning. Apparently, not many people had the same sentiment, as the Church only held about 40(?) people today. But of that amount of people, many were fellow pilgrims on my trip to Israel this summer, and my joy was overflowing for seeing them all.

And this feeling made me realize that after traveling to such a sacred place on our pilgrimage, there will forever be a bond/force/you-name-it that will unite us together. Without a doubt, the pilgrimage changed each of us and wove our lives together, and I am so grateful every day (and especially days like today!) for those who helped make my journey (and memories) so meaningful.

Happy Feast of All Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment