I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, November 13, 2014

It's Magic

Watching students come alive - that's magic.

What's causing this joy and energy? Our school's new literary blog! We haven't had any submissions yet, but the students who are part of our newly formed club have a mission and a plan to get there.

Sure, I'm now giving up my after school time on Thursdays to moderate a club, but let me tell you, it's worth it. To say I have nothing to do with it (except for the opening of my classroom and occasionally redirecting the students back to their determined task at hand) is not a shirk of responsibility; nor is it me trying to be overly humble. It's honestly all the kids.

They are organized and ready to go. I can't wait for their project to get off the ground. 

And me? I'm just the lucky teacher who happened to plant a seed of an idea at the right time to the right student. Let's see how it grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment