I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Stressing Less

Guess what goes first when the stress, "homework," and activities pile on...

Blogging!

Yes, this past week was surely a stressful one. In fact, heading into the weekend, I was stressing out because there was just way too much to accomplish this weekend (in my mind).

However, with a little help from last year's lesson plans & supplemental activities for my religion classes, I was able to pull together my classroom activities for the week more quickly than if I had needed to invent them from scratch. Report card comments and final grade overrides took a long time, but it wasn't nearly as long as I expected. Young Adult retreat planning also took less time than I thought it would. For Language Arts, I was able to make a solid (cheap) purchase on TPT for Hero's Journey materials that I didn't have to create those activities either.

In fact, things moved along so much better than expected this weekend, I got extra things done, including a skeleton of retreat ideas for the three 4-8th grade retreats coming up in Advent. (Yay!)

God is so good. I have to learn to stress less. It will all get done...eventually. (Or, in this case, it will get done sooner than expected.)

No comments:

Post a Comment