I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Up and Down We Go

One minute I'm sitting down in frustration when students cannot stop talking to listen to directions, and the next minute I'm so proud of each of them for getting up to share about their memoirs and techniques they used to improve them.

Up one minute, down the next - what's a teacher to do?

Lately, especially in 6th grade LA, I've been down more than up. It's hard to fuel your passion in a subject area when behavior keeps you from actually getting to the content to teach it.

Seems to be about every other blog post I'm complaining or venting my frustrations...and I apologize for that. But I believe that in reflecting there will one day come clarity. (Yes, I'm still waiting for that clarity to come.)

In other news, the 5th grade girls vball season is just about at an end. We've had some ups and downs (both on and off the court), but it's been a season of tremendous growth. I'm glad I had the chance to stick with these girls. They are such a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment