I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, October 13, 2014

Long Weekend = "Cake-Taker"

Long weekends are something to look forward to in and of themselves. However, when you add in a family visit, marathon-watching, and a Baptism, that particular long weekend takes the cake.

For me, that "particular long weekend" is this one. (Yes, thanks to Columbus Day, school is not in session.) 

On the one hand, I've been able to accomplish quite a bit in terms of preparing for some upcoming lessons and things at school. 

On the other hand, I had the opportunity for some quality visiting time with both my family and the families of my friends whose baby was baptized on Sunday. (It was such a beautiful ceremony, and I am blessed to call the little lady my goddaughter!)




On the other hand...there is no other hand!

But seriously, today is already shaping up to be a good one - I went for a short jog this morning before settling down to blog, practice my Spanish (hooray for Duolingo), and eat breakfast (have you tried the new Trader Joe's pumpkin O's???), and I will soon meet up with my sister for coffee. I hope to make progress on Killing Jesus (our YAC book club pick this month) and additional lesson/project planning before heading to Bible Study tonight.

A four day week ahead...bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment