I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Potential

Potential.

That's the word my principal/supervisor used to describe my class.

She was positive about a lot of things going right in my 6th grade Language Arts class. But she and I both realize there is room for growth (especially in helping students manage their behaviors).

And I feel that this year (even more than ever before) that it's a team effort (across middle school, specials, and administration) with this class: How do we design instruction to meet their learning needs and to get them up and moving as much as possible? How do we get them invested in their school work? What is going to get their attention (while still meet the standards)? How can we support each individual where he/she is at and help him/her where they need to go on their academic (and spiritual) journeys?

So many questions...so much potential...As I mentioned to one of my professors the other day, I feel like this is one tough nut to crack...but it's a nut we keep chipping away every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment