I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Chop and a Build

Accomplished a few things today - a hair cut chop for one:

Before the chop

That's a lot of hair...and it's all mine...

post-chop
Now, I need to bag it up, print the donation form, and mail it off to help some kiddos in need. Woot!

Also managed to build a desk (with rolling drawers and everything!) while inflicting minimal pain to myself:

right out of the box

mid-building process

all finished (& typing on it now!)

picked up a bruise while attempting to get the heavy box up my back porch stairs
And that's not all! Tonight I met up with my sister and another friend (and my roommate) for dinner (at a new place - yay for trying new things!) - it was a wonderful chance to catch up, enjoying food and fellowship at the same time.

Summer is such a great time - I feel like (when I push myself) I can get a lot done. But the school year is great too...and we're starting back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment