I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Until August...

Today was my last day of Ministry of Care until next school year rolls around. 

And both my time at the hospital and the tulips lining Michigan Avenue did not disappoint. (Note in the picture below how I superimposed my name badge over the flowers to "say" this sentiment visually.)


(Corny, I know.)

But it truly was a beautiful day, rounded out by a leisurely brunch with my sister - We're carb-ing up before our half marathon tomorrow! - and a trip to Target.

I also finished the book Tattoos on the Heart (just in time for Wednesday's book club!) this afternoon before tackling this week's Bible Study reading/reflection of Revelation.

Not much planning left to do for school - 6th grade is working on a project (and class will be consistently disrupted with school music concert practice); 7th grade is watching a movie and finishing their vocations unit (courtesy of Holy Cross vocations); and 8th grade voted to take a look at Revelation (for which I will be using resources I've gathered through my current Bible Study). Yes sir, the school year sure is winding down in a hurry...

Spring has (finally) come and (nearly) gone so quickly here...

No comments:

Post a Comment