I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Teaching with Joy...Interrupted by Frustration

Teaching with the Joy of the Gospel (see yesterday's post) - I went into today with that as my goal.

And I lasted...until just about 1:45 p.m. when my second period of 6th grade walked in my classroom...and then proceeded to talk/waste our time for the following 40 minutes. (Guess what they had to do for homework...what we didn't get to in class...Ah! Gosh, I hate doing that - homework shouldn't be punishment...)

Gotta get back on track tomorrow - I have to turn the tables, get things going my way and help these students learn. But how to do it...?

Video? Hmm...it's possible - I have some options...
Acting things out? Check, we're doing that Friday with Bible study...
Discussion? Well, that's a given...but keeping it focused...???

If you have any brilliant ideas, feel free to share. We're finishing up the year with studying the monotheistic religions (Islam & Judaism) and touching on Pentecost and the Ascension...

No comments:

Post a Comment