I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Step Stool Grace

In the middle of the afternoon, I realized I had left my roomate's step stool over in the Church. (We had used it for today's May crowning Mass.)

Rats.

I couldn't leave it there (as it wasn't mine), so down the stairs and across the street to the Church I went (high heels and all).

Am I glad I forgot that step stool!

When I entered the Church, the sunlight was pouring through the stained glass windows. There was a beautiful serenity and complete stillness. The noises of the street and l trains faded away, and I caught my breath as I took in the grace of that moment. That beautiful, quiet moment in the middle of a decently hectic day.

Maybe I should forget things in the Church more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment