I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, August 9, 2013

School Supplies

There have been multiple trips to Target...and the Dollar Tree...and places with big clothing sales...

All in the name of teaching.

As the piles in this house get larger, I have to wonder if I really need all this "stuff" or if I am just erring on the side of caution because it will cause me less headaches later on in the year if I am prepared at the start. (Hopefully waste will be at minimum.)

And then there's the loading of the car here, the unloading (to avoid items melting) in Chicago, and then the reloading to bring the items to school, followed by the unloading from my car to the classroom, and finally to the unpacking of bags and boxes to organize my room.

Oh dear...

Teachers are back in session at my school in less than one week...Summer, oh where have you gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment