I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Another Beginning...Hold On Tight...

The beginning is always the hardest. I have to remember that.

A new skill...
A new book with new characters...
A new running goal & related training (e.g. 5K, marathon, half marathon, etc.)...

A new school year...

It's difficult to know quite where to start, especially in starting to develop unit plans for my middle school religion classes. I am SO excited for this school year, don't get me wrong, but I'm still only starting to wrap my head around so many things, including the content material.

But I have to keep perspective. The beginning is always the hardest, this is true. But what is also true is this: "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." (Lao Tzu)

It's time to hold on tight - this rollercoaster ride is about to kick into full gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment