I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekend Musings...

This weekend has been filled with activities but has seemed slow. And that has been wonderful...

On Friday, I had aftercare, but one of my co-workers took over for me around 5, and I ended up spending about 3 hours sitting in Panera with my sister. (The good news is that their summer salad is back...) It was relaxing, good-quality sister time. We were both (although, probably she more than me) exhausted from the week, and after I dropped her back off at home, I went home, checked some emails, and headed to bed. It was going to be an early morning (and a full day) on Saturday.

And so Saturday morning did roll around - with the sun shining for the first part of the day, I thought I had overslept. (Thank goodness that was not the case - going through the day without a shower was not an option.) Up and at 'em for Marisa's kiddos' First Communion, I picked her up and was able to get in some reading while I waited in her room before Mass began.

Her students were all beautifully (and handsomely) dressed, and they were beyond excited for both the Eucharist and for their parties that would follow. I was blessed to minister the Blood during Communion to some of her students for the first time.

After about 2 hours' worth of Mass, we peaced out pretty quickly in order to make the afternoon portion of a day-long young adult retreat at our parish. We made it in time for the tail-end of lunch - score! And, while there was some confusion among our friends - "Wait, when did you get here?" and "Were you here this morning?" - we explained where we had been and continued on with the day, which included witness talks, discussion and reflection time, a brief Taize experience, Mass, and dinner. The night continued at a local bar, which had karaoke. (No, I did not participate.) Overall, it was another great retreat experience. (I love my Church!)

When I first woke up this morning, I did a little bit of work for school and wasted a bit of time on the internet before meeting up with my sister for a run. On the way, I encountered these lovely tulips blooming right alongside the road -->


Needless to say, I was very glad I had my phone with me.

Our run was pleasant - the sun was shining, but my oh my was it windy! I think we ran about 10 miles - we're trying to ramp up our mileage to get ready for a half marathon coming up. We'll see how it all goes... Following the run, I came home, cleaned up, ate, and have been working here and there on Religion reviews and other various activities for school. I think I'm just about ready for the week!

I also talked with both of my parents on the phone, which was lovely. We had some good story swaps and some good laughs too. Can't wait to see them this summer!

And, last of all, Happy Mothers' Day to all moms, especially mine. I hope you have a special, wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment