I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, March 18, 2013

How's your journey been?

from The Magnificat Lenten Companion:

"We are now near the end of Lent. How has the journey been? Our Lent can be out of focus if we have only spent time on our sins, failures, and judgments of others. Perhaps this is the Lent to let go of the harsh judgments we place on ourselves. Lent is not about how bad we are, but how good God is. The sooner we realize the difference, the sooner we may come to peace."


This seems like a question my pastor at Church would pose - How's your journey been?

How's it been? Hmm... Well, here goes nothing...

Easter is now less than two weeks away
And questions are flooding my mind -
Have I grown in the ways that I work and I pray?
To those I meet, have I always been kind?

My heart's growing full over these days of Lent,
But there's still lots of work I've to do - 
I should use this time now in my heart to repent -
God, forgive me the sins I accrue.

I know there's still time to make change in my life,
Those to help me grow close to God here.
So I do not despair my mistakes and my strife
For with Him we have nothing to fear.

Yes, maybe I've broken a promise or two
And perhaps I've not given my all.
But to dwell on the past I no longer must do -
God lifts me up each time I fall.

Easter grows nearer with each passing day
And answers begin to be clear...
It's slow work to grow in the ways that we pray,
But we do grow with each passing year.


So, how's your Lenten journey been...?

No comments:

Post a Comment