I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, November 21, 2011

For What Are You Most Thankful?

What incredible people I have in my life - I posed a simple (although, according to some, not so simple) question: For what are you most thankful? to which I received over 50 email replies with responses ranging from family and friends to God's grace to each new day.

I compiled all of these responses and put them into a Wordle: http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/4455942/For_what_are_you_most_thankful%3F

The reason I took on this project was to serve as an example for my students - during their technology period on Tuesday, they will be making their own Wordles with responses they collected today from their classmates in response to Thanksgiving-related questions. Now, some of these questions were more along the serious side (like mine), but other questions focused on "What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?", etc. I can honestly say I am looking forward to the final results we'll have in the classroom tomorrow...

As for me, I am currently most thankful for the Salvation Army volunteer at the grocery store who called my attention to the fact that my CTA bus/subway pass had fallen out of my pocket in the parking lot...but that wouldn't quite fit in the Wordle.

As we enter into this time of Thanksgiving (and then preparation for Christmas), I urge you to take some time and think about it - for what are you most thankful?

No comments:

Post a Comment