I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, September 5, 2011

You Can't Win 'Em All

You can't win 'em all...even though sometimes you'd like too. 

In every football game, someone has to lose. And if two of your alma maters are playing each other, there's no way to truly end up happy. Add rain/storm delays on top of it all, and you've got yourself a long, emotionally-taxing day.

But the weekend's events were fun regardless: We met up with friends, ND and USF alike (but not together), and enjoyed tailgating and walking around campus. I even made new "friends" during the game, as a middle-aged couple wearing USF gear (their daughter attends USF but they live in Chicago) sat down right next to me in a sea of ND alumni and fans. (And it was definitely a good weekend of family - so great that my parents made it into town!)

So, as you can imagine, after such an emotional (and long) game day and a 20+ mile training run into strong gusts of wind this morning, I am quite exhausted. I'll leave you tonight with a couple of photos from this weekend's ND v. USF game:

Pre-game view of scoreboard & Touchdown Jesus
View of field after halftime rain delay - longest game in ND's history

In case you were wondering, I wore both teams' colors, and my heart was happy for plays made on both sides of the field. And yes, I will forever bleed GREEN & GOLD...and BLUE & GOLD.

Let's just pray these teams don't have another football match-up for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be in your shoes come November, Kelly. I'm about 90% sure that ND will walk all over Maryland, but this new uniform hype will at least make the game memorable for Terps as well as Irish, and for Irish Terps like me!

    ReplyDelete