I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mass, Music, Mexico, and More!

How's that for alliteration? Mmm-mmm...

Reventon (literally, "explosion") was held today for its 6th year at my sister's school here in the city. And what an explosion it was. I'm so glad I was invited to come (even if there were no mariachis, ahem, Marisa, ahem).

Flat Stanley even made an appearance, sombrero and all:

Flat Stanley with Reventon postcard reminder

me 'n Flat Stanley - Stan, the man
Today was a beautiful reminder of a number of things, but I'll keep the list short:

1- Catholic education and good role models are so important for children today, especially with society and the media throwing all kinds of crazy things their way.

2- I will forever be grateful for my time in Phoenix and how ACE brought me there in the first place. (And, like today, I'll even cry from time to time thinking back on my friends and former students still there - they hold so much of my heart!)

3- God is incredibly forgiving, so I need to not be so stubborn and stop holding grudges for the smallest, most stupid things. (See today's Gospel reading, in case you missed it or had a differently directed homily today.) Gotta practice what we preach, here, folks.

4- Authentic Mexican food really is all it's hyped up to be. (Plus, I learned I really do like refried beans when they don't come from a can!) 

Just thought I'd throw that last one in for fun. But it's the truth. For sure.

And now it's time to get ready for my all-time favorite "M" word...

(Just kidding, it's not really my favorite. But I bet you guessed it...)

MONDAY! First full week - bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment