I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, April 4, 2020

My Little Honda, a Limerick (4/4/20)

"My Little Honda, a Limerick"
Poem of the Day - 4/4/20
Audio Version of Today's Poem

There once was a nice little Honda
Whose car alarm wouldn't respond-a
When the battery died
AAA rushed to my side
And brought it to a shop I'm not very fond of.



Yes, this is a true story. Not exactly how I planned to spend my Thursday night - trying to figure out how to make the alarm stop. But I'm grateful for several friends and family who stopped what they were doing to talk me through ideas, and I'm also thankful for a good friend who came over with a mini screwdriver so I could undo my key fob (in case that was the culprit...sadly it wasn't). And, there's yet another friend who's going to help me get my car later when it's done at the shop. So, even in the midst of craziness and frustration, there is good to be found and friendship to be celebrated.

Stay optimistic, my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment