I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Ready to go

Only two more days until Thanksgiving break...by Friday at 3:30pm the students and their families will be on their merry ways, and we, the teachers, will be packing up and heading out for ONE. WHOLE. WEEK.

In teaching there are so many ups and downs, not only from day to day but also from class period to class period. Something goes amazingly well or the students are extra attentive in the morning but by afternoon you feel like you're ineffective as a teacher because kids can't seem to follow directions or sit still for more than two minutes at a time. What a roller coaster. I'm certain that mentally, physically, and emotionally I am so ready for this break.

My family's heading up north to us (well, within driving distance) for the holiday, so, alas, the warm weather of back home will continue to beckon to me until January (and only then for a weekend respite on retreat). But before I join them, I am heading to the opposite coast for some much needed visiting with friends. I have never spent much time in that part of the country. (Let's face it, Phoenix, AZ, is its own beast. And I mean that in the best sense.) To say I'm excited would be the biggest understatement of the year.

My bags are packed, and my grad school work for the week is (mostly) done. Let's get this vacation started! (But let's forget about the grading that's starting to pile up...it'll be here when I get back, right?)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment