I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Teamwork makes the dream work

I was reminded of this oft-used sentiment this week multiple times. And in the process, I was reminded also just how blessed I am to be surrounded by incredible co-workers, friends, and family who are always willing to step up and lend a hand.

This week I have been knocked on my butt. Literally. Whatever sinus infection or cold that is in my head right now is relentless. I went to bed at 6pm on Monday night in the hopes of kicking this thing, but, much to my chagrin, I woke up at 4am on Tuesday morning and realized I would not be making it into school. I texted my team and they (as it got closer to 6/7am) readily volunteered to cover classes. The two women I coach with handled our game that night on their own. My boyfriend was working a half day on Tuesday before covering evening games nearby, so he brought me lunch. My sister and parents texted to check up on me. Even though I felt horrible, I couldn't have felt better (from a support perspective).

When I got back to school on Wednesday - still not 100% - my coworkers checked in on me, stopping by before school started. Many students wanted to make sure I was doing better too. People offered medicine, uplifting comments, and well wishes.

I hope to be back to my normal self soon - let's face it: being sick sucks. But, again, I am so very grateful for everyone in my life who helps bring a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. Cheers to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment