I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, April 15, 2016

Option B worked out just fine...

Today is/was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous - there's no doubt about it. In fact, it was so beautiful in the afternoon that I was bound and determined to squeeze in a quick run before sushi, wine, and friends later this evening. It was going to be perfect.

But when I got home, I just didn't feel like a run. So I opted for something else - and it wasn't necessarily a healthy option: I went up the street to Vanille Patisserie, which is literally right at my corner. If it was any closer I could spit and hit it.

As I walked in, the section of chocolate-covered macarons caught my eye. But they looked even tastier when the woman behind the counter said, "The chocolate-covered ones are $1 today."

Excuse me???? "I'll take six. Do you all have sales like this often?"

"No, it's for tax day," she replied. (Well, that makes perfect sense - you get all stressed out about making sure yours are done so you go and enjoy a cheap macaron. Got it.)

They also have amazing tea there, so I ordered a cup of the roasted almond one. (It's pink, NBD.)


BUT, here's the kicker. As I was checking out (and waiting for my change), the other woman asked if I needed a bag. I thought about it, but then said no - I guess the upcoming Earth Day is on my mind, what can I say! - but then the other woman said, "No, take a bag, and take this chocolate bomb cake too."

Who's to argue with that one? I just have to make sure it lasts more than just tonight. (I'd laugh but it's not a joke...<insert rolled back eye smiley, my sister's favorite>)

Gotta love some good luck - or maybe it's God's way of giving me a pat on the back for making it through the week. (He's got a pretty good sense of humor, so that's not out of the question.)

Looking forward to that dinner soon - mmm...sushi...

1 comment: