I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Opportunities Abounding

What a day - I tell you, even if all I got out of this Notre Dame gig was seeing so many familiar faces and eating at the dining hall, I would be satisfied. 

But it doesn't stop there - I am blessed with SO many opportunities. (And I am LOVING it.)

Take today, for example - the ACE students in the class for which my sister and I are T.A.s for had two incredible educators as guest speakers - one who addressed teaching about social studies and the other about science. And we got to sit in too. And, honestly, I learned things today that I hadn't even thought of or used in my five years of teaching. (My brain was already trying to figure out how I could either modify the ideas to fit/teach Religion content or how I could share the things I learned with my previous co-teacher so that she might implement some of them next year.)

Maybe it's just the learner in me, but I just can't get enough.

P.S. This video (by the Irish Rovers) was posted by a friend on Facebook today, and it made me smile, so I thought I would pass it along even though it has nothing whatsoever to do with . I must confess, I've always wondered about that...hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment