I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, December 7, 2012

Mary Immaculate

"Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin Mary too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did. If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his mother, he will not have Christ for his brother." 
(St. Maximilian Kolbe)

Never have I heard so many excuses volleying at me than this afternoon when our principal came over the speaker to reiterate our pastor's reminder about this weekend's holy day of obligation (The Immaculate Conception) and how we should all go to Mass with our families both Saturday and Sunday.

"I have a basketball game..."

"I am going to a party..."

"Ms. Foyle, I can't go..."

Honestly, I stopped listening. I went on to tell them that I wasn't interested in their excuses - it's between them and God, not them and me. 

(On a side note, excuses don't make something okay or right, even though most kids these days think that's the case, but I know I'm in no position to pose any kind of judgment - again, not my job.)

Personally, I love celebrating Mary (I think it's that inner Salesian spirit in me!), so I try to do so every chance I get.

Mary Immaculate, Pray for Us!

*Now, I do want to clarify that I have included a video for "Mary, Did You Know?" even though tomorrow's feast is celebrating Mary's conception without sin. Still, it's in the spirit of Mary...enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment