I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Road with No Name

Strange name for a blog, no?

Its inspiration actually came one day as I was driving around Phoenix, trying to find my way to a spot along the marathon route to cheer on the school's pastor. It was just a side road, but it really stood out. And it made me kind of chuckle at its irony - it's name was, in fact, "Road with No Name." And the name just kind of stuck with me.

In many ways, I guess you could say it's a very applicable title because, quite honestly, I am taking life one step at a time. (Confession: Some days that's harder than others.) But I trust that God has it all under control. The timing is right, and my heart is open to the many possibilities that lie ahead.

So bring on the classroom. Bring on the planning. Bring on the wing nights and trivia. Bring on the running, the exploring, and the Church-going. Bring on the laughter, the frustration, the smiles, the tears, and the opportunities...

For these are the things and the people that will guide me down my road with no name. Would you care to join me?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know there's another trivia lover among my favorite ACErs! There's actually an Alguno Road in my neighborhood, so I can relate with this on so many levels. Happy blogging--I'll be reading.

    ReplyDelete