I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Be Prepared...Or Be Early Enough to Fix It...

Prepared.

That's definitely a word to describe me. Yep. Ask any of my friends of coworkers. While I tend to also be on the impulsive side, I'm still prepared for whatever that impulsive event or whatever is. I'm a list-maker, a check-your-bags-three-times-er, a how-many-times-can-I-check-this-email-before-sending-it-er.

Rewind to this past Thursday night. Two of my friends and I were going to see "Six" at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater. I got to Navy Pier around 4pm (which was about 3 hours before I needed to be there), having gone there straight from work. (Let's face it, Lakeshore Drive is always backed up no matter what time of day, so it's nice to sometimes have an excuse to avoid it.) It was a gorgeous day, though a little on the cool side... I definitely took advantage of walking around outside for a bit:






I had to wait until 7pm for the Box Office to open; that's where I was supposed to pick up our tickets. When they finally opened the doors, they couldn't find tickets under my name...or my email address...or my physical address...

Hmm...

I swore I had purchased them...but it turns out I wasn't as prepared for the show as I thought. I must not have actually clicked through to my cart when I was trying to buy them back in April.

Considering the website had indicated the show was sold out for that night, I thought I was done for. I texted my friends that I had made a mistake and not actually purchased the tickets.

But then the woman told me she could get two seats together and a third one up a bit further - and all of the seats would be on the first level.

(YES!)

Lesson learned: Be prepared...or be early so you can fix anything you weren't prepared for.

What a great night - the show was phenomenal; I highly recommend it. (In fact, I talked my sister into going at the end of the month...and each of my friends is going again at another time too.)



There's nothing like summer in the city.

P.S. Made it out to Millennium Park last night for their summer movie series...another gorgeous night, another beautiful skyline...

No comments:

Post a Comment