I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Al Amanecer...At Sunrise

Al amanecer.

(At dawn.)

Sounds so beautiful in Spanish, doesn't it?

In any language, though, sunrise is a beautiful sight to behold. I have had my fair share of incredible sunrises on my way to work since the start of this school year - they are especially breathtaking when the clouds do their magic, causing purples and golds and scarlets to dance across the sky.

While I love my daily commute sunrises, what I love even more is getting to the lakefront just as the sun breaks over the horizon during my weekly long runs. Last week's in particular caught me by surprise, and it made me believe I was like Bert (the chimneysweep) and Mary Poppins jumping into one of their sidewalk art pieces...


Kind of takes your breath away, doesn't it?

Getting up a few minutes earlier than is reasonable for a weekend to see something like that is well worth it. But I guess I have always been an early riser - who can sleep in when such beauty and potential awaits for those ready to begin the day?

Speaking of beauty, I ended up going to the Chicago Botanical Gardens with my sister and brother-in-law last weekend, and many flowers were still in bloom. Here are some photos from the day...and from the trip directly after to Graeter's --> 














The weather was beautiful this weekend for yet another run, but the winds are blowing in now, and it looks like it will be a chilly adventure to meet up with my sister and some friends downtown in just a little bit. Our days can't always be picture-perfect, but our hearts can always be full of gratitude for the gifts we receive every day and the people we share our days and time with along this journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment