I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Time to hit the road again

It's that time of year again - time to pack up the car, fill up the gas tank, put the phone on airplane mode, and literally take a hike (or two or ten).

To say I'm excited would be an understatement. This annual trip is just what I always seem to need - there's nothing like a dose of sunshine (hopefully!) and incredibly beautiful sights to remind you of God's goodness and just how important it is to clear your head from time to time.

This year my friend and I are actually going to camp in the parks - I finally invested in a sleeping bag, hiking poles, a Camelbak, and hiking boots. (How I made it this far in life without these things considering how much I love the great outdoors is beyond me...) I still don't own a tent - that belongs to my friend.

I must admit that I'm mildly afraid of running into bears; though, a good friend did lend me her bear spray. But I'm going to try to not let that fear interfere with the overall experience or preoccupy my thoughts. (In all honesty, the more I've read about bears in the parks the more comfortable I feel.)

This summer is going to go by so fast - changing jobs/schools, grad school classes and graduation, my sister's wedding. I feel that it will be over in the blink of an eye. I want to drink it all in and enjoy it to the fullest, so bring it on. Let's get this road trip started!

No comments:

Post a Comment