I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Orchids, and Cacti, and Ice Cream...Oh My!

My sister's fiance belongs to the botanic gardens, and they've been promising to take me for a long time. Well, it finally worked out this weekend...and there was a visiting orchids exhibit, which was a plus (and the main reason for the visit to the gardens)!

I'll let the photos speak for themselves; though, as with most natural beauty, photos just don't do it justice.











Another wonderful part of the trip was a visit to Graeter's ice cream - we had only ever had it once before after the Cincinnati Marathon (about 3 years ago), but we loved it then. Today was just as delicious. And hey, we felt like we earned a scoop of ice cream after running 18 miles earlier in the day...



Mmm...ice cream...

Happy twins...


Spring break for grad school officially starts tomorrow, and I am very much ready for that! While I love grad school and the people I've met, I am looking forward to getting some time back next year and to not have to write so many papers...

Have a beautiful Sunday! Happy 4th week of Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment