I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, October 21, 2017

October Consolations and Joys

October has been a blur. So I wanted to take a moment and reflect on some moments of consolation and joy, from small to medium-sized things...

1. Student responses on assessments and projects --> It always brings a smile to my face when students recognize certain things, especially those things about which I am not explicit...even if they get the test item somewhat incorrect...



2. Gratitude journal --> I've taken up this practice during the school week, as I keep the journal on my desk. It helps me focus on the positive in my day and to keep an eye out for things that happen that are worth adding.



3. Grad school reminders --> Yes, we have weekly assignments and long-term projects, but what is it, exactly, that I committed to in the first place? This was a wonderful reminder, as I found it on accident fishing bobby pins out of my purse for a co-worker. God shows up in the most mysterious ways!



4. The Chicago Theater Scene --> Tickets for $10 each?! We'll take 'em! On Friday night my sister and I saw a unique take on Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew," which was set in the 1920's during the push for women suffrage and the passing of the 19th Amendment. There were a lot of Chicago references too. I highly recommend it!





5. BONUS - Beautiful Sunsets --> Admittedly, this means I've been in my car going to meetings, volleyball games, etc. far too late in my evenings, but I'm rewarded every once in awhile with the natural beauties of our world. Again, God shows up. I'm on the lookout!




I'm excited for November - a retreat, a trip to the west coast, Thanksgiving with the fam... It's going to be a wonderful month ahead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment