I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, September 21, 2017

A Grateful Heart

Only on a ND-sponsored trip do you stay in an Irish inn and pub...




I want to hang a sign like this up in my classroom...




The past few days in Milwaukee were truly wonderful. We spent time visiting a handful of high-performing schools that have truly created cultures of joy.



what I tell my students - minus the Aaron Rodgers part

Lots of focus on college...couldn't find USF though...

This reminded me I'm so torn for the upcoming football game...







The trip was a life-giving in terms of all of the amazing things and people we saw, and it was life-giving for another reason too - I spent quality time with some of my Remick classmates, and I also ran into some other familiar faces (from the ol' ACE days) who I wasn't expecting. It was a lovely surprise!

Lakefront Brewery tour - Remick leaders & instructors


the first ones to the inn!

selfie with Fr. Nate

PLC 1 excitement - can't stop this

ACE 15 :)


When I count my blessings, I count ACE twice...no, make that more like two hundred times. It's the program that keeps on giving, and I get to keep learning. I don't know exactly what the future will hold for Catholic education (or my life in general, let's be real), but I am excited to play my part here in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment