I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Three Weeks Till Lent

Three weeks until Lent...
Guess it's not too early to post about what I'm planning to do...
still need to work out some things...

1) Detach from social media: 
While I'm not planning on going off it all together, I will be taking Facebook, Messenger, and Twitter off my phone, thereby reducing the easy access and amount of time I spend scrolling through feeds. (If a major life event happens for you and you'd like me to know about it, please call or text.)

2) Reduce my morning screen time:
I do tend to enjoy the morning reflections from FaithND, Jesuit Spirituality, Dynamic Catholic, Fr. Barron, and others, it just gets to be too overwhelming. They are all good sources...but when, like me, you just start scanning them instead of really stopping and praying with them, the purpose of having them in the first place is missed. Therefore, it's time to let those go...at least for the season... (If there are any REALLY good ones or ones you know I would want/need to hear, feel free to pass them along.)

3) Journal:
I decided to invest in a Catholic Lenten journal from Blessed Is She (the journal was on sale when I got it, so BONUS!), which focuses on daily Scripture and reflection in a guided manner. I will use this journal in the mornings in place of the usual email reflections. I think it will be a good change.


4) Read: 
I posted on Facebook awhile back about interest in putting together an informal book club for Walk in Her Sandals, and I received a strong response from some local friends. The pack of books came in the mail this week, so now it's time to deliver them and to make our plan of action for reading and discussing. Part of the stipulation was that our get-togethers include wine, as the book is put out by W.I.N.E. (Women In the New Evangelization). Very excited to see where this leads.


I may decide on a few other things before the season actually gets here...but I don't want to commit to too much for fear of not being able to do well that to which I have already committed.


Lent will be here before we know it. I challenge you to be a little more thoughtful this year - what's going to make a real difference? What do you need to let go of or have more of in your life this Lenten season?

No comments:

Post a Comment