I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, March 7, 2016

You can learn a lot

You can learn a lot from watching yourself (or, in my case, others) in action.

That's what the second year ACE teachers just did and submitted - videos & related analyses of their teaching from paper to practice. What went well? Who needed help? Where are areas for improvement.

Sometimes I kick myself for signing up for another thing to do, but I found that watching the ACErs' videos and reading through their unit plans and analyses was very insightful. There are definitely a few things I plan to take away, especially in regards to getting students' attention, not talking over students, and use of more movement & student talk.

And we march on. So much to do, but it's all part of life. We just can't let the life part get away. This week I'm heading to see the opera "Romeo and Juliet" with my sister and a friend, and I have my Lenten prayer group on Thursday. This weekend is St. Patrick's Day festivities in Chicago, but I'm planning to keep it low key with a few fun "projects" and a birthday brunch on Sunday.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment