I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, February 18, 2016

ROAD TRIP!

Clearly I have fallen off this planet - currently I am buried under a mountain of paper work and have a large number of middle school student report card comments to write (can you tell trimester 2 ends soon???) - but this weekend I loaded up my trusty Civic with three dear friends for a road trip to St. Louis (to visit another friend).

Lots of fun (and drinking - more so than I think I've done in the past year combined, which, by the way, doesn't add up to that much, so don't worry!) ensued.

It was fantastic. Just what the doctor ordered.

the crew!

They got ice cream-tinis...
And I got a yummy pretzel ice cream cone!

Basilica in St. Louis

climbing around like kids at the CITY museum


Beer Haus

We got "Snicklefritz-faced" (Yes, we are coining the term.)

post-Mass First Watch V-day brunch

Can't beat it. As I near the start of my (gasp!) 30th year on this earth, I have come to realize that time spent with friends (and family) is the best way to spend your time. Sometimes it might mean cutting something else short or worrying about work later...but that's okay. In fact, it's better. And it's worth a little extra added stress later.

This I truly believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment